No. 20 Third Street, SE
1. CHECK OUT TIME IS 11am. Any late check-outs must be approved in advance by the Registrar, and may result in a $70.00 late departure fee.
2. CHECK IN TIME IS 2pm. An early check-in must be approved in advance by the Registrar. Luggage may be left in the Reading Room coat room during regular business hours. The registrar’s phone number is 675–0306. The cleaning of the rooms is limited to Monday through Saturday.
3. PAYMENT. by cash, check, or credit card should be submitted to the Registrar. A deposit may be necessary to guarantee a reservation.
4. KEYS. should be obtained from the guard on duty at the library. There is a guard on duty 24 hours a day. For your safety, please take care to lock front-door locks on entering and exiting. Keys can also be left with guards. There is a $10.00 lost key fee.
5. COMMON AREA. The guest house has a common area kitchen and sitting room. The kitchen includes a refrigerator, microwave, coffee and teapot, and limited dishes, glasses, and utensils for light meal preparation. Please clean up immediately after yourself. There is a small desk in the living room with a basic computer set up with Word; please do not adjust the settings. If you would like to use it, please bring your own supplies. There is also a small washer/dryer available for light loads in the kitchen area, for houseguest use only.
6. RATES until July 1, 2010: $70.00/night
7. SMOKING POLICY. For the safety and comfort of all tenants, the Folger Guesthouse is a non-smoking property. The back patio area is very pleasant. Please lock the back door when you come back in.
8. EMERGENCIES. Please contact a Folger security guard immediately to report an emergency. The telephone number is 675–0309.
9. REPAIRS. Should your room require repairs, you may contact one of the following (leave a message if after hours for non-urgent items.) Please do not contact the guard unless the matter is urgent.
Neil Serrian, Facility Manager 675–0705
Dot Morgan, Property Coordinator 675–0706
Erik Castillo, the Registrar 675–0306
10. PHONES. There are phones with local service located in each room. Please dial 9 before the number you are calling.
11. INTERNET CONNECTION. Each room is equipped with an outlet for Internet connection. You will need an ethernet network cable and a computer with network access. Wireless access is not supported.
12. NO PETS ALLOWED
WE HOPE YOUR STAY IN THE FOLGER GUEST HOUSE IS A PLEASANT ONE