Explore the world’s largest Shakespeare collection, which sits in the shadow of the US Capitol, with fun activities for all ages from 10am – 5pm:
- Take a selfie with our beloved Shakespeare bas-reliefs.
- Tour the Folger and its national landmark building at 11am, 1pm, and 3pm, and the Reading Rooms at noon.
- Picnic with Puck on the west lawn.
- Experience 14th- and 15th-century music from Germany with the Folger Consort at the 4pm matinee of Oktoberfest (tickets sold separately).
- Learn about Winston Churchill's lifelong admiration for the Bard in the Churchill's Shakespeare exhibition, on view from 10am – 5pm.
Plus, visit our neighbors’ front steps for more outdoor activities throughout the day at the Capitol Visitor Center, which is celebrating the 225th anniversary laying of the US Capitol cornerstone by George Washington, as well as at the US Botanic Garden, the Belmont-Paul Women's Equality National Monument, and the Library of Congress.
Weather permitting. More information at https://www.visitthecapitol.gov/event-calendar/capitol-hill-day?2018-10-13