On August 5, 2021 the Folger hosts its Virtual Book Club, featuring a discussion of The Last True Poets of the Sea by Julia Drake. To prepare for the discussion, we have pulled together a list of resources related to Shakespeare, Twelfth Night, and ships at sea.
LEARN more about Twelfth Night
LISTEN to related podcasts
- Episode 11: Music in Shakespeare
- Episode 60: Shakespeare and Girlhood
- Episode 62: Shakespeare and YA Novels—Ryan North and Molly Booth
- Episode 72: Adapting Shakespeare
- Episode 141: Emma Smith on This is Shakespeare
EXPLORE articles on the diving deeper into the play and its history
- Twelfth Night
- A beautiful Twelfth Night
- Twelfth Night: The Hamlet of the comedies
- Shakespeare, improvisation, and the art of rhetoric
DISCOVER Folger collection items related to oceanic exploration
- Lost at Sea: The Ocean in the English Imagination, 1550–1750
- Scholars’ insights on Lost at Sea
- Ships, Clocks and Stars: The Quest for Longitude
Words, Words, Words discusses Julia Drake’s The Last True Poets of the Sea on August 5, 2021. The event is free, but registration is required through our website.
We would like to thank the following organizations for their generous support of this program:
Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.