Become a Teacher Member
Join the Folger in a special way, with membership in both the institution and in our teaching family!
In addition to connecting you with Folger Teaching, your tax-deductible gift directly supports the work of Folger Education, guaranteeing that our experienced staff can continue to work with you to transform teaching and learning here at the Folger and in your classroom, and, in so doing, change the lives of students everywhere.
Donate $40 today and become a Teacher Member of the Folger Shakespeare Library.
Teacher Members of the Folger enjoy these benefits:
- A one-year subscription to this very website, Folger Teaching. Folger Teaching is the online home of our Teacher Members–the place where teachers from across the country and around the world connect directly with the best of the Folger, a leading center for the arts and humanities and home to the world’s largest Shakespeare collection.
- Access to the latest resources to get your students grappling not just with Shakespeare but with the broad sweep of literature and deepen your own relationship with the content that first inspired you to teach it. From lesson plans and primary source documents to podcasts and videos, you will be able to search, download, and save your favorite resources.
- Ongoing professional development with exclusive access to webinars for our Teacher Members.
- Special invitations to online conversations with experts at the Folger and in our community of mentor teachers, scholars, and artists.
- Year subscription to Folger Magazine.
- Year subscription to Shakespeare Plus, the Folger’s bi-weekly E-newsletter.
- Discounts on tickets to live Folger events, such as lectures, poetry readings, and Folger Theatre performances.
- Online and in person member appreciation events such as gallery talks, exhibition tours, and gatherings where members meet those who make the Folger the exciting place that it is today’s scholars, authors, actors, directors, and educators.
Ask your school or district to pay for your Teacher Membership to the Folger.
Many schools cover the $40 fee for their teachers, often through reimbursement. We have created this template letter to help you make the case to your administration. Download it, add your information, and go!
“Connecting with the words this way empowers [students] to become stronger, more confident and enthusiastic readers and communicators.” – Community college English instructor, Massachusetts
Group Teacher Memberships
Whether you are a district/school administrator providing your faculty with this rich opportunity, a caregiver thanking the teachers in your children’s lives, a conference or organization of teachers, or another valued supporter of humanities learning, you can now easily purchase Teacher Memberships for all the teachers in your life in one easy process.
Most popular videos:
- Master Classes on Romeo & Juliet, Hamlet, Othello, and Julius Caesar
- “Whiteness: A Primer for Understanding Shakespeare”
- “Understanding Race and Religion through Othello”
Most popular lesson plans:
- Who Is the Moor? Choral Reading American Moor and Othello”
- “The Monologue Project: A Final Assessment for Any Text”
- “Pre-reading: 20-Minute Hamlet”