For in-person performances of Folger programming
The safety and health of our community are of utmost importance to us. We are committed to providing safe venues for you and our performers and have developed COVID-19 protocols together with our season partners.
The following applies to Folger Consort's upcoming in-person performances at St. Mark's Church on Capitol Hill as part of the Consort's 2021/22 season of early music:
What the Folger is doing:
- All performers and staff are vaccinated.
- All Folger staff will be masked at all times. During the performance, performers will not be masked; there will be an area of at least ten feet separating the stage and the first row of the audience.
- Attendance will be limited to 50% of the maximum capacity for past Folger Consort performances at St. Mark's. Tickets will be grouped together by household, and household seats will be at a distance of four-to-six feet from other households.
- There will be no merchandise or concessions sales at St. Mark's.
- Performances will be held without intermissions.
What we're asking you to do:
- Provide proof of full vaccination* with either your original vaccination card or a clear photo. Proof of vaccination will be verified against a photo ID (any form of identification with your name and photograph). Minors under the age of 12 do not need to show proof of vaccination. Required.
- Wear a well-fitting mask that covers both nose and mouth at all times inside St. Mark's. Required.
- If you are not vaccinated or if you do not feel well, please enjoy the concert video from the comfort of your home
Each of our concerts will be available online as well as in person. Refunds will be available if you cannot, or do not wish to, watch the video.
For questions about the Folger's COVID protocols for live performances, please contact Folger Box Office at 202.544.7077 or email@example.com.
*Full vaccination means that either 14 days have passed since receiving the second dose of FDA or WHO authorized double-dose vaccines or that 14 days have passed since receiving the sole dose of FDA or WHO authorized single-dose vaccines.
COVID-19 warning: An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and patrons with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. By attending a Folger Consort performance you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19 and agree not to hold the Folger Shakespeare Library liable for any illness or injury.