The Folger is thrilled to welcome your students to the theater for a complete performance experience!
- Students are exposed to professional theater of the highest quality, developing and deepening a respect for and love of the arts.
- Students engage with Folger actors and staff during a post-show discussion and are encouraged to think critically about theater and connect it to their lives.
- Folger Docents lead tours of the Great Hall an hour before the show to help students explore part of our current exhibition.
- Teachers interested in support and/or resources helpful in teaching these plays, contact Folger Education at email@example.com.
Tickets to student matinees are $25 per person and one chaperone is required for every 10 students. For inquiries and reservations, please contact the Box Office Associate for Group Sales, Amanda Duchemin, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling the Box Office at 202-544-7077.
Tickets for student matinee performances are available for reservation starting Wednesday, July 12. To begin your reservation:
1) Choose your show and a date that works well for your group.
2) Email email@example.com with the following information:
- Organization (if applicable)
- Phone Number
- Date of Performance
- Group Size
- Best time of day to be reached by phone in order to complete reservation
3) Rest easy knowing that your requests will be filled in the order they were received.
2017–2018 Season Student Matinees
By William Shakespeare
Thursday, October 26, 2017, at 10:30am
Thursday, November 2, 2017, at 10:30am
History’s Greatest Love Story
Julius Caesar is no more and Marc Antony, at the peak of his political power, is ensconced in Egypt at the side of the irresistible Cleopatra. Torn between his military duty to the Roman Empire and his passionate love affair with Cleopatra, Antony finds himself engaged in both war and romance. Shakespeare’s epic encompasses politics and power, love and jealousy, alliance and misalliance and features Shirine Babb as the captivating Queen of Egypt.
A New Comedy Adapted From The Play By William Congreve
Thursday, January 25, 2018, at 10:30am
A Comedy of Manners…With No Manners at All
Mae is a sweet-natured woman with just a little baggage—a $600 million inheritance. When her womanizing boyfriend Henry dallies with her protective aunt, the world seems too much with her. Both women become the object of ridicule and scandal—but Henry has a plan to win the heiress back. In the lush and opulent land of the Hampton’s 1%, where money and status determine everything, can love conquer all? Freely adapted from William Congreve’s classic play, The Way of the World is a sparkingly witty physical comedy illuminating the foibles of the upper-class.
By William Shakespeare
Thursday, March 29, 2018, at 10:30am
Thursday, April 5, 2018, at 10:30am
Thursday, April 12, 2018, at 10:30am
Thursday, April 19, 2018, at 10:30am
Awake Your Faith
Peace in the exotic kingdoms of Sicilia and Bohemia is ruptured by jealousy. Convinced of his wife’s unfaithfulness, with his friend Polixenes, Leontes plots murder, subjects Hermione, great with child, to public ridicule, and then casts out his baby daughter. With the passage of time comes realization, revelation, and redemption—and a new union between the families. This fanciful romance is testament to Shakespeare’s ability to weave a spellbinding story.