When you become a Teacher Member, you join the Folger community in a special way, with membership both in the institution and in our robust teaching family, which stretches across the country and around the world.
- A one-year subscription to Folger Teaching. Folger Teaching is the online home of our Teacher Members — the place where teachers from across the country and around the world connect directly with the best of the Folger, a leading center for the arts and humanities and home to the world’s largest Shakespeare collection.
- Access to the latest resources to get your students grappling not just with Shakespeare but with the broad sweep of literature and deepen your own relationship with the content that first inspired you to teach it. From lesson plans and primary source documents to podcasts and videos, you will be able to search, download, and save your favorite resources.
- Ongoing professional development with exclusive access to webinars for our Teacher Members.
- Special invitations to online conversations with experts at the Folger and in our community of mentor teachers, scholars, and artists.
- Year subscription to Folger Magazine.
- Year subscription to Shakespeare Plus, the Folger’s bi-weekly e-newsletter.
- Discounts on tickets to live Folger events, such as lectures, poetry readings, and Folger Theatre performances.
- Online and in-person member appreciation events such as gallery talks, exhibition tours, and gatherings where members meet those who make the Folger the exciting place that it is today — scholars, authors, actors, directors, and educators.
How to join
Complete this brief online form or call 202.675.0359.
Many schools cover the $40 fee for their teachers, often through reimbursement. We have created this template letter to help you make the case to your administration. Download it, add your information, and go!