Let’s stay in touch! The Folger offers several ways to stay informed about what's going on around the library and in the Shakespeare world.
Create an account and indicate your interests, and we’ll share information about upcoming programs and special offers relating to exhibitions, music, theater, literature, and family programs. We promise never to share your email address with others, and we'll send you only the updates you want to see.
If you'd rather not create an account at this time, you can still sign up to receive one or more Folger e-newsletters using the form below.
- Shakespeare Plus: A bi-weekly newsletter about Shakespeare, his world, and his legacy today
- What's On: A monthly newsletter about upcoming Folger Shakespeare Library programs and events
- Bard Notes: A twice-monthly newsletter just for teachers with our newest classroom activities, lesson plans, teacher workshops, and more for K–12 educators
- Research Bulletin: A newsletter for scholars announcing deadlines for Folger fellowships and Institute programs, plus news from Shakespeare Quarterly and the library
- Special Offers and Promotions: Periodic updates about events, programs, and more at the Folger, including Folger Theatre, Folger Consort, Folger Poetry, PEN/Faulkner, lectures, and screenings
- Opportunities to Support the Folger: Periodic updates about how you can help support the Folger's programs and initiatives
- Shakespeare & Beyond: Enjoy this current, sometimes playful, and always lively resource on a wide range of Shakespeare topics.
- The Folger Spotlight: Go behind the scenes with our productions and special events.
- The Collation: Stay plugged in with research and scholarship at the Folger.
- Teaching Shakespeare!: Explore this valuable resource for teaching Shakespeare.
Shakespeare Unlimited podcast
This podcast explores the fascinating and varied connections between Shakespeare, his works, and the world around us. Available on SoundCloud, iTunes, Google Play, and NPR One. Learn more.
- @FolgerLibrary Up-to-the-minute news about Folger programs and activities, plus what's new in Shakespeare and early modern thinking—from the ivory tower to popular culture!
- @FolgerEd Connecting educators to resources for teaching Shakespeare, plus updates about programs, workshops, and student festivals.
- @FolgerResearch Insights into the collections and research opportunities at the Folger Shakespeare Library, including what's happening in the reading rooms, and featuring images of collection items.
- @PENFaulkner The foundation behind PEN/Faulkner, America's largest peer-juried award for fiction, shares the latest in book news, what's happening with its celebrated reading series at the Folger, and updates on its two annual fiction awards.
- Folger Shakespeare Library
- Folger Theatre
- Folger Education
- Folger Consort
- Folger Poetry