On December 14, 2023 the Folger’s virtual book club continues with a discussion of The Weird Sisters by Eleanor Brown. To prepare for the discussion, we have pulled together a list of resources related to families in Shakespeare’s work and the Folger collection.
EXPLORE early modern family dynamics
- Aphorism therapy, or, How to cope with dishonest relatives
- Wooing and Wedding: Courtship and Marriage in Early Modern England
LEARN more about how family history can be traced
- Folger copy 54: The First Folio as family scrapbook
- Where do family trees come from?
- Symbols of Honor: Heraldry and Family History in Shakespeare’s England (Folger Exhibition)
LISTEN to related podcast episodes, including on Shakespeare’s own family relationships
- Episode 60: Shakespeare and Girlhood
- Episode 105: Imagining Shakespeare’s Wife
- Episode 150: Maggie O’Farrell on Hamnet
- Episode 180: Lena Cowen Orlin on The Private Life of William Shakespeare
TEST your knowledge of families in Shakespeare plays
We would like to thank the following organizations for their generous support of this program
Join us for a future event
DC & Me: Community Mosaic Visual Arts Workshops
Folger Book Club: Daughters of the Deer
Early Music Seminar: Music of Medieval Spain
Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.