What is Hamnet?
Hamnet is the Folger Shakespeare Library’s publicly available online catalog. Hamnet contains bibliographic records for many of the important parts of our collection, including the following materials:
- Most materials published since 1800
- All STC books (English imprints 1475–1640)
- All Wing books (English imprints 1641–1700) shelved by Wing number and
- About 90% of Wing books shelved by accession number
Other materials include all incunables (that is, books printed before 1501), courtesy books, and promptbooks, as well as all 18th-century English books shelved by LC call number,
Hamnet also includes bibliographic records for all copies of the Shakespeare Folios and for most single-play editions of the plays published after 1700. (It does not yet include records for 18th- through 20th-century sets of Shakespeare’s plays.)
Please note that our cataloging efforts have been largely focused on English materials, so there are a number of continental books that are not in Hamnet. Readers should always double-check our card catalogs when searching for material. If you are not on-site, please e-mail email@example.com if you have questions about whether or not we have materials in our collection.
Who can use it?
Hamnet is available to all - scholars, students, and enthusiasts.
Want more information?
- If you're looking for tips on how to search for the materials which interest you, visit our Finding Aids.
- For more information about what is in Hamnet, visit Hamnet’s Help page.
- For questions or problems using Hamnet, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For questions about the collection, email email@example.com.