2019/20 Folger Theatre subscriptions are on sale now.
Henry IV Part 1
By William Shakespeare
Directed by Rosa Joshi
September 3 - October 13, 2019
Riotous nights with friends and a father who's after you to take more responsibility are common features of youth. Less common is when your father is the King of England. A favorite actor returns to the Folger as four-time Helen Hayes Award-winner Edward Gero plays Falstaff in this compelling history. With Kate Eastwood Norris as Mistress Quickly, Naomi Jacobson as Worcester, and U. Jonathan Toppo as Northumberland.
By Peter Shaffer
Directed by Richard Clifford
November 5 - December 22, 2019
Professional jealousy and personal crisis drive composer Antonio Salieri to turn from God and towards one clear, dark goal: destroying Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. After extraordinary Folger performances as Macbeth and Iago, Ian Merrill Peakes takes on the role of the jealous Salieri.
The Merry Wives of Windsor
By William Shakespeare
Directed by Aaron Posner
January 14 - March 1, 2020
Falstaff has a plan to woo a wealthy woman of Windsor—he's not particular about which one. Though his romantic targets are fast friends, he hedges his bets and pursues both at once. Too bad for Falstaff (played by Brian Mani), the Windsor wives have plans of their own. With Kate Eastwood Norris reprising the role of Mistress Quickly, Cody Nickell, and Todd Scofield.
Subscriptions come with benefits:
- The best seats at the best price: Subscribers pay less than single ticket buyers.
- Unlimited ticket exchanges: Only subscribers have free and flexible ticket exchange privileges. Upgrade charges may apply.
- Special offers: Subscribers receive discounts to other Folger programs.
- Subscription to Folger Magazine: Stay informed about Folger events and Shakespeare-related news.
- Hill & Will Card: Get exclusive discounts at Capitol Hill restaurants and businesses, including our newly announced partners Peregrine Espresso at Eastern Market and Joselito Casa de Comidas
Subscribe and save!
For an optimal experience, please use a desktop to purchase your subscription online or call our Box Office at 202.544.7077 to purchase a subscription over the phone.
Renew or sign up for a fixed-seat subscription and lock in the best seats for the regular season on the day of your choice.
Discover More at the Folger
Lively Talks for Every Show
Begin or continue your play-going experience by engaging with theater artists, scholars, and Shakespeare enthusiasts at these related programs. Select your favorite add-on to your subscription package, including Brews and Banter, Pre-Show Talks with Folger Shakespeare Library Director Michael Witmore, and Stage Director Talks.