The Folger is a historic venue –the first Elizabethan-styled theater in North America. There are architectural columns and railings that enhance the ambiance of our theater. They may block portions of the stage from easy view. These seats are denoted as Partial View (PV) during the ticket buying process. Our shows are directed so that the main action takes place in the center of the stage.
We offer reserved seating for Folger Theatre and Folger Consort performances in our historic theater. Unless specified, all other events are general admission and audience members may choose their own seats.
Please note that while most Folger events take place in the Folger Theatre, we occasionally move to larger spaces to accommodate additional audience members. Selected readings and other events may be held at:
- St. Mark's Episcopal Church on Capitol Hill: 301 A Street SE, Washington, DC 20003
- The Lutheran Church of the Reformation: 212 East Capitol St NE, Washington, DC 20003
- Washington National Cathedral: 3101 Wisconsin Ave NW, Washington, DC 20016
- The Phillips Collection: 1600 21st St NW, Washington, DC 20009
- The Music Center at Strathmore: 5301 Tuckerman Ln, North Bethesda, MD 20852
A box office associate can confirm any event’s location and seating capabilities or communicate the contact information for the venue.
For the 2019/20 season, most Folger Consort performances will take place at St. Mark’s Church on Capitol Hill. Please see below for a seating chart of the venue.