From capital support—our greatest need—to gifts advancing the Folger’s collection, scholarly research, education, and public programs, there are many ways for you to create an enduring connection to the Folger Shakespeare Library as you participate in The Wonder of Will.
We are honored to recognize The Wonder of Will donors at the $25,000 level and above in publications and reports throughout the campaign. Lead supporters with gifts of $100,000 and above will be further recognized on a donor wall in the New Pavilion.
Our capital project will expand public space, improve accessibility, and enhance the experience for all who come to the Folger. Naming opportunities in the New Pavilion, exterior plazas, and gardens are available for $50,000 to $10 million, including:
- New Pavilion
- North Exhibition Hall
- First Folio Gallery
- South Exhibition Galleries
- Education Center
- East and West Entrance Lobbies
- East and West Entry Plazas
- East and West Gardens
- New Conservation Studio
- Plinth, Garden, and Entry Benches
In addition to adding 12,000 square feet of new space, this project will restore and preserve the richness and character of our historic Cret building while addressing significant accessibility issues. Preservation naming opportunities include:
- Great Hall
- Elizabethan Theatre (including Balcony and Stage)
- Theatre Lobby
- Administrative Hallway and Offices (including Director's Office)
- Reading Room Alcove and Carrels
- Carriage Entry Overlook
- Plinth Terrace and Bas Reliefs
- Administrative Offices
As the venerated home to 82 First Folios, the Folger Shakespeare Library is committed to preserving these historic treasures while tapping into their unrivaled potential to inspire new audiences and life-long learners. Donors may make a multi-year gift of $1 million or more to sponsor one of the Folger’s 82 First Folios and be recognized with that Folio in the new gallery, where the extraordinary collection will be on display.
In addition, gifts furthering the collection may support:
- Endowed Positions (Library Directorship, Curatorships, Head of Acquisitions e.g.)
- Researcher Services
- Vault Enhancements
- Reading Room Furnishings
Please note, named endowments may be established for gifts of $50,000 or more.
The expansion and restoration of the Folger Shakespeare Library will improve our abilities to share our collection, deliver highest-quality humanities research and learning experiences, and engage diverse audiences in exhibitions, performances, and programs delivered by Folger Theatre, Folger Education, Folger Institute, Folger Consort, and Folger Poetry. There are many opportunities to fund the world-class resources and initiatives that bring our spaces and collections to life, such as:
- Endowed Positions (Director of Folger Institute, Education, Programming e.g.)
- Folger Visiting Artists, Fellows, and Internships
- Access and Innovation Funds to support and expand programs that help the Folger develop intiatives in partnership with and outreach to new audiences
- Program Naming (Teaching Shakespeare Institute, Family Programs, Birthday Open House, Lectures, e.g.)
- Support for Individual Publications and Performances
Group Fund Opportunities
For gifts of $50,000 and above, donors may be listed on generalized plaques in the areas listed below.
- Education Center
- Reading Room Registration Alcove
- Great Hall
For more information about The Wonder of Will and participation opportunities, please contact the Office of Development at (202) 675–0377 or firstname.lastname@example.org.